Are You Single and Struggling Because Of It.
- Are you a single adult who has been perpetually single or found yourself single after a divorce, death of a spouse, or long-term relationship?
- Are you having difficulty coping with the lack of a partner?
- Do you wish you were in a relationship, or worry that you will never be in another relationship again?
- Do you have secret suicidal ideations, because of your loneliness?
- Have you been single for so long that you’re fearful about ending up alone and miserable?
- Do you find yourself ready for love, but struggle to find the perfect match?
- Are you scared to venture out into the dating world again after a divorce or separation?
- Do you cry yourself to sleep at night because you’re obsessively thinking about a divorce, breakup or the possibility of being alone for life?
- Do you worry you’re a loser because you are single and feel like no one understands what it feels like to be alone?
- Are you losing hope that you’ll ever find a romantic partner and feel down, sad, lonely, depressed, or even powerless at times?
If any of the above questions resonates with you, you are not alone. New York City has one of the highest ratios of single individuals in the United States, making it easy to see why feelings of loneliness and isolation among singles are so prevalent in this part of the country.
What is Singles Therapy?
Singles therapy is a unique type of therapy for those individuals who find themselves single either by circumstance or choice. Its for responsible, professional, smart adults who are single and/or frustrated with their single status. It is for those who may have always been single, those who may have recently found themselves single after divorce, loss or other circumstance or those who are single after a long-term committed relationship. Being single is not your fault. Singleness is a societal issue and not a personal reflection on your value as a human being. Therefore, it’s pointless to blame yourself for being alone, unless this is a conscious decision you have made. Do not allow yourself to believe there is something essentially “wrong” with you that is causing you to be without a partner. Too many smart, successful, single adults go around blaming themselves for their singleness, when they have done absolutely nothing wrong.
So many singles beat themselves up on a daily basis, naively believing that their single status is somehow their fault. This negative self talk and self questioning can go on for hours, and can often lead to a pity party, when the truth of the matter is that you are not culpable for an issue that is beyond your control. One of the biggest issues that singles go through is addressing the age-old question of whether or not they will ever be in a healthy relationship again. That space of uncertainty between not being in a relationship and the question of whether or not you will be in one again seems to be one of the most common concerns that singles face. Self-blame is usually what follows this kind of uncertainty. Singles Therapy addresses this phenomenon and the sense of hopelessness that can follow.
When listening to singles, I’ve often hear them say that any relationship is better than no relationship at all. This can sometimes cause singles to settle for whatever relationship they stumble across, as it may seem better to be in a relationship than to be single. Usually one is aware deep down that he or she is not satisfied in this situation, but still may prefer to stay in this type of relationship rather than be alone. Such relationships can be toxic and may lead to codependency.
More about Singles Therapy?
Singles therapy focuses on the individual, especially those who are divorced, going through a divorce or those who are separated and strive toward finding the solutions that will help them live the life they want, with or without a mate. Going through a divorce is one of the most sressful and difficult situations that anyone can go throgh in this life. Imagine a place where you can voice all of your frustrations and concerns about being single, freely expressing your fears, desires, wishes and wants with someone who understands where you are coming from. As a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and a divorcee, I have worked with singles and have focused on their biggest dilemmas, concerns and issues as it relates to their single status.
Singles Therapy Can Help You…
- Work on becoming the best version of yourself that you can be.
- Take control of your life and the things that you have control over, regardless of your relationship status.
- Make better decisions regarding your life.
- Feel positive about yourself instead of waiting around for someone else to do so.
- Discuss issues and express yourself as a single individual in a world that is created for two.
- Feel understood, heard and accepted for being single.
- Learn new self-empowerment skills and be ready for future relationships if you choose to pursue them.
Working on yourself through singles therapy can open up a world you may have never thought was possible. Everyone has issues, but not everyone gets the opportunity to explore their issues and deal with them head on. Singles therapy can be this type of therapy for you, as it allows you to not only voice your frustrations about being single, but also to work on yourself in a unique manner. Singles therapy can help you focus on the things that only you have control over. With a coaching approach, Singles Therapy can help you take a proactive stance toward reflecting on yourself and taking control of your life. Singles Therapy can help you to gain confidence and develop the skills to reenter the dating world, if you so choose. As we work together in a non-judgmental environment, you will receive a lot of support, real world advice and coaching that will help you feel confident and strong.
You Did Not Stumble on This Page by Accident….Let Singles Therapy Help you.
If you are ready to take action and the first step to opening the doors to an even better you, please feel free to contact me at 917-216-1025 for a free 30-minute phone consultation that can give you the opportunity to ask questions and get more acquainted with what singles therapy has to offer you. In the meantime take a look at my blog section regarding important topics on singles therapy.